The Best Lawyers in Dallas
At Legal X, We offer only six spots to eligible lawyers every year. If you are a lawyer and wish to apply, please submit an application via our contact portal. Here are the six top performers for our 2021 list:
- Christopher Trowbridge is the Managing Partner at Bell Nunnally. Named to the "Texas Lawyer Hall of Fame Verdicts" list, Chris is well-known for vigorously protecting his clients’ interests in high-stakes legal matters with extensive experience helping clients with complex business disputes. In the past few years alone, Chris has represented his clients in multi-million dollar disputes in state, federal, and appellate courts and arbitrations in Florida, California, Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Arkansas, South Carolina and cities across Texas.
- Knox Fitzpatrick served as executive director of the Criminal Justice Division of the Governor’s office and as general counsel to the Governor of Texas. He received his B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin, and his J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law. He is thoughtful, creative, discrete, effective, and thinks outside of the box. He is results-oriented and uses his experience, gleaned from 38 years of practice and more than 300 jury trials, to achieve the best possible outcome for those he represents. He is universally respected by his colleagues and opponents. Fitzpatrick has been named among the Best Lawyers in Dallas in D Magazine and a Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly. As chief felony prosecutor for Dallas County, he was named Prosecutor of the Year by the State Bar of Texas.
Adam L. Seidel
- Seidel is a Dallas native who has been in private practice since 1996. For more than 25 years, Adam L. Seidel has been passionate about advocating for his clients. Whether he is protecting their rights in the courtroom or during a negotiation. Seidel strives to obtain results that best serve his clients’ goals. He represents individuals in family law matters involving complex property division, business valuation, and child-related issues. “Most of my practice involves some amount of litigation,” he says. “However, I take a rational, practical approach to each case and strongly encourage my clients to do the same.”
Deandra M. Grant
- Deandra Grant is an AV-rated attorney and Partner at Hamilton Grant PC, where her practice is focused on DWI defense in Texas. A graduate of Trinity University in San Antonio and Southern Methodist University’s School of Law, she is a national speaker on DWI law and science and the co-author of the annually updated book, The Texas DWI Manual (James Publishing), Texas DWI: Truth & Consequences and Surviving Your Texas DWI. Deandra has certificates in Forensic Chromatography: Theory & Practice (2011 & 2015), Forensic Analysis of Solid Drugs (2014) and Forensic Principles of DUID (2015) issued by Axion Labs and the American Chemical Society. In 2015, Deandra earned the distinction of being named an ACS-CHAL Forensic Lawyer-Scientist.
- Jim Burnham is a nationally recognized and award-winning criminal defense attorney who has tried more than 400 jury trials. Jim served as a top assistant to legendary District Attorney Henry Wade for 16 years before starting his own award-winning practice in 1986. For the last 30 years, Jim Burnham has represented individuals and companies accused of federal and state criminal offenses, including white collar crimes, DWIs, juvenile cases, misdemeanors, thefts, assaults, murder cases, and other felonies.
- As the managing partner of KB Carlton, PLLC, Kyle represents clients in a variety of areas including: complex corporate structuring, asset protection and estate planning. His practice has an emphasis on startup companies, family succession, wealth management, and international structures. Kyle summarizes his practice best: “We have big firm sophistication and experience with a boutique firm approach. Our clients feel like they’ve joined a private club or private bank. And in the end, we have one simple aim: to make out clients our friends.”